The General Administration Department is functioning under the control of the Secretary. The following are the divisions of General Administration Department assigned with specific subjects.
- Office Section
Deals with receipt and distribution of all communications to the Secretariat from other departments, Government offices and the public, sending of communications from the Secretariat to other departments, Government offices and the public.
- Visitor's Facilitation Centres
Deals with issuing entry pass to the visitors of Secretariat.
- Chief Minister’s Public Grievances Redressal Cell deals with the submission of grievances by the aggrieved citizens to the Chief Minister of Kerala from anywhere and anytime (24x7).
- Chief Minister’s Computer Centre deals with processing the petitions addressed to Chief Minister.
- Office of Chief Secretary
- Strictly Confidential: Deals with the appointment of High Court Judges, Cabinet papers, monitoring of Cabinet decisions and follow up actions on time limit cases, Kerala State Departmental Security Instructions, Maintenance of Annual Confidential Reports of All India Service Officers, Maintenance of Annual Property Returns in respect of All India Service Officers, Convening of screening committee and Preparation of panel of All India Service Officers (IAS, IPS, IFS) for Promotion to various grades, Departmental Promotion Committee Meetings for selection to the post of Deputy Secretary and above in the Secretariat including Law and Finance Departments, Cipher Bureau, Recommendations for "Padma Awards", Maintenance of Property Returns of Officers in the Secretariat of and above the rank of Joint Secretaries.
- Secret Section: Deals with awards under Jeevan Raksha Pathak, General papers on strike, Departmental Promotion Committee for the preparation of Select list, Conducting UPSC and SSC Examinations, Rules of Business of Government of Kerala.
- Special A: Deals with Establishment matters, disciplinary action and medical reimbursement of IAS Officers, Lok Sabha Questions, Rajya Sabha Questions etc.
- Special C: Establishment matters of IFS, IPS officers, Central Deputation of IAS, IPS and IFS officers etc.
- Chief Secretary’s Petition Cell: Deals with managing petitions relating to Government of Kerala forwarded from the offices of the President and the Prime Minister.
Deals with the papers on special recruitment of SCs/STs and review of progress. Advice on matters related to special recruitment.
- Compassionate Employment Cell
Deals with allotment of vacancies in general categories post from general pool for appointment under Compassionate Employment Scheme for Government Servants who die-in-harness.
- Freedom Fighters
Deals with the papers under SSS Pension Scheme, Kerala Freedom Fighters Pension Scheme and award of Tamrapathras to freedom fighters.
Deals with visits of High Dignitaries, State Guests, Foreign VIPs, Protocol, Hospitality Rules, Warrant of Precedence, Republic Day/ Independent Day Celebrations, Swearing-in ceremonies of Ministers, Allocation of portfolios, Death of High Dignitaries. It also deals with Reservation of rooms in Government Guest Houses in Kerala, KTDC Chennai (for official visits only) and Kerala Houses at New Delhi, Mumbai and Kanyakumari, Establish matters of Kerala Raj Bhavan, office of the Resident Commissioner, New Delhi and Affairs of Consulates of foreign countries situated in Kerala.
Deals with the preparation of Government Diary, Calendar, List of Holidays, Declaration of Local Holidays, and MP’s conference, Annual conference of District Collectors and Head of Departments, Papers related with Kerala State Information Commission and V.J.T Hall.
- Secretariat Central Library
Deals with the purchase of books, dailies and magazines for the Secretariat Central Library and distribution among the staff members.
Deals with the establishment matters of Secretariat Employees including the Officers of All India Services.
Deals with the matters connected with the salary and other personal claims of the staff including personal staff of Ministers and Leader of Opposition, Cash and contingent expenditure of Secretariat. Other bills pertaining to the Office expenses of Secretariat are also dealt by the Accounts Sections.
House Keeping Department provides various services like allotment of rooms, furniture, telephones and such other basic necessities for the functioning of the Office of the Ministers, Secretaries and Sections in the Secretariat.
- Public Relations Department
Deals with providing the public and the media with timely and up-to-date information on government policies, programmes, schemes, initiatives and achievements through print, electronic and social media, undertaking of publicity campaigns, trade fairs and also for gathering the response, suggestions and demands of the public and bringing them to the government’s attention.